Saturday, June 8, 2013

Weeks from 4/24 - 6/7: Broad Overview

I've not posted in awhile.  I'm not sure why.  The easy explanation is that I just didn't feel like it.  The more accurate explanation is a string of excuses: I was too busy; tired; not sleeping well...  But we all know that those are really excuses.

I have been running though, and lifting.  My legs are sore as hell from a long legs session following a set of 3's and 3's this past Thursday.  I've run quite a few of my workouts without a watch.  "Workout" is probably not the right word for those runs.  Mostly they were deliberate attempts to get back to the real reason I run:  I run because I like to run.  More on that subject on my Smoked Fish blog.

So, here's the general Garmin link to those runs over the past month that I've worn the GPS gadget:  http://connect.garmin.com/activities?cid=39805984

The gaps in the record don't necessarily represent days off.  Most are runs without a watch.  I've averaged 5-6 days a week for that time.  And I'm just starting to feel like I'm actually running again, training, lifting, preparing myself for another Boston qualifier in Lehigh, PA.  Then, if my aging body holds together, a full-scale marathon attempt at Boston '14.  I have to go back.

No comments: