Saturday, June 8, 2013

6/8/13 Saturday

7.28 miles
57:05 • 7:56 average
Home to Audubon and back
2 laps on the bridal trail
82 degrees, sunny, humid
9:15 AM start
Merrell Trail Glove
Garmin link
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/324614051

I got a later start today than I'd hoped for.  Yesterday was one of my close co-worker's last day and we had an afternoon party/send off at an interesting bar downtown called Barcadia.  It's an cool concept, a combination bar with 50 or so beers on tap and lots af arcade type games, like air hockey, skeeball... that kind of stuff.  So I had more than a few beers starting at around 4:00 PM and was sound asleep by 8:30.  My head wasn't so great when I woke.  And my legs are sore as hell from lifting this past Thursday.

Today I tried run a not-so-easy extended form drill.  Despite my sore legs I tried to run just fast enough for it to tire me out early on, trying to maintain a steady pace while concentrating on keeping good form and not get sloppy.  I also took along my iPod for entertainment and distraction.  All in all I had a good run, pleasant (except for the soreness) and relatively successful as a form drill.  Tomorrow comes my longest run in many months.  My intention is to get up early, and NOT hungover, and run 12+.  We shall see.

No comments: