Monday, April 22, 2013

4/22/13 Monday

AM
5.17 miles very easy
44:21 • 8:34 average
home to Audubon and back
1 lap on bridle trail
64 degrees, cloudy, humid
NB MT10 trail
Garmin link:   http://connect.garmin.com/activity/301691542

I took it very easy this morning.  I'm planning on running out to City Park this evening for a "Run For Boston" event.  If I do run out there and do the event that will tack on another ~8.5 miles to my "easy" day.  I'm not real sure I could have run any harder this morning anyway.  My buttock is still a little tight.  And I felt really tired.  I think my body is still getting over the stress of the past week.

Speaking of last week:  All last week, in the psychological aftermath of our Boston experience, I smelled bad, really bad.  I don't normally get a severely funky smell.  I do sweat with the best of them.  And the only deodorant I use is one of those stones that's fragrance free.  (That's actually why I use the stone.)  I'm, hopefully, past the stinky stage and back to myself... in so many ways.

PM
4.67 miles
40:14 • 8:37 average
home to City Park
via Octavia/Jeff Davis
72 degrees, cloudy, breezy
Brooks Pure Connect
Garmin link:   http://connect.garmin.com/activity/302146633

This run was hard for me.  I jogged out to the NOLA Run For Boston at City Park.  I knew I was tired and not quite normal yet.  I knew it would taste like shit.  I even contemplated riding my bike out there.  But no, I felt like I had to run.  I just had to run, even if it was unpleasant.  And it was just that — unpleasant, physically and emotionally.  But not horrible.  I knew I had a goal.  I knew the reason.  And I knew I had to run.  I knew I had to think.



No comments: